Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Jaloguin


This is another 18 x 24" acrylic done from my memories of Halloween. I am not sure if it will stay like this, but I am really liking doing this research into the recesses of my visual memory. It is amazing! I have focused on remembering the mood and light more than anything. In these memories I am the viewer, so none of these children is me. I am not forcing the composition or anything. The revisions I have done have more to do with values and colors than with content.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like your new work. It is a merging of your skill with the figure and your skill with the landscape into a work with a lot going on and an emotional depth. As for the process I bet the constant observation of the present you have been doing helps with memory of the past. Of the two paintings I prefer the blue one. In "Jaloguin" I find the central figure to be hogging all the attention taking away from the interesting things going on around it. But that is minor. Keep it up in the New Year.